Thursday, September 23, 2010

What's with the Cowboy Hat?

....is the most common question I hear now, nearly every where I go here at school. If you don't frequent Purdue's website, as I'm assuming you don't, this wouldn't make any sense. I'm honored by having been selected as one of five who lead at Purdue, but I'm not sure what I think about my picture being main-stage on the website. Needless to say I feel a little odd walking around campus with people taking second looks and trying to figure out why for some reason I look familiar, but not really knowing why:) If you read the write up, I think it will make sense.....

www.purdue.edu

The picture below was the result of me finding my hat, and the kids also taking great pleasure in dancing around the house with the hats on!

Aside from all that, Allison and I find out this week the gender of our next little one, and I'm delighted.

We are both very busy, between dance class, joy school, and my expanded joy school, there are few extra minutes.

I apologize for the lack of updates, but wish you all the best this Fall!

Ben

6 comments:

Rian Krommenhoek said...

you're famous! i can say i knew you when... really, what an honor.

Kayli said...

You're famous! woohoo~ and to think I knew you when. (yeah, way back like a whole entire year ago.)

And I am sooooo mad at Allison because I did not know you guys were expecting. Again, I've known you ever so long and I don't get to be priveleged to know before everyone else in the www? Don't come to Switzerland a'knockin on our door expecting any chocolate.

(Well, except that if you did come we would be overjoyed because we had more fun with you guys than you can shake a stick at...)

So anyway, congratulations!!!

Marie said...

Very neat Ben. Congratulations! And also on the baby to come. Wonderful!

lizzie said...

Nice picture. I like the hat. I also enjoyed the article. Well done all around.

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

We had to look you up on the website after reading this post, and are impressed! We sure miss you guys still. Also, so excited about the baby on the way!! :)

Alicia said...

Some how I totally missed this post! Congratulations! I didn't know Allison was expecting! That is just so awesome! So excited for you guys! So what is it?? I hope the pregnancy is going well.