Wednesday, October 22, 2008

tagged

in the future, i probably won't do this tagging business, so better not try it again.  although i was curious which picture would turn up.  i rather like it.it's nice that the date's on there.  this is when ben and i had been married two and a half months, and we went backpacking in teton national park for a "second honeymoon."  this is one of the hidden lakes.  we were the only people camping there for the night, and had to camp kind of under a rocky ridge.  that night there was this horrific rain and electrical storm that rocked our tent, and in the calm right before the storm we heard cougars screaming (it sounds like a baby screaming...we initially thought that some other backpackers were being mauled by bears).  good thing we had each other, or i'd have probably cried all night.  as it was, i just shivered all night.

i'm pretty sure that when i die, my spirit will roam the tetons.
for obvious reasons.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

That's an awesome picture. I did this same tag but my picture was super lame. It has made me want to organize my pictures better, and take better pictures.

heather said...

Thanks for humoring me Allison! I'm not a huge fan of the blog tagging games either, but was also curious, and it seemed one of the more benign and less involved tags I've seen. I agree with Rachel that you got an uncommonly cool picture. Or maybe that one is representative of your collection as a whole. Either way, thanks for playing!

sNick said...

Can I roam with you? We could start a spirit club.

Alicia said...

That is a pretty awesome picture! And I think I would have been crying too after hearing those cougars and being in a tent. Since I got married I became a wimp!

Rian Krommenhoek said...

The picture is beautiful, but the story is terrifying. I think I would have lost my mind that night. I'm so glad that you didn't or else who would I call with my food storage needs.

Steph said...

That's such a pretty picture! I want to go there! Can I just say your little ones are getting so big! I can't believe it! We need to get together sometime. We're moving back over next month, and it looks like we'll be ending up in the Lake Stevens area, so it wont be long until we can hang out again! Take care!! (by the way, did you read the Twilight books? I can't remember.... )