Saturday, August 21, 2010

Back in Indiana, glad to be back. Also some illustrations, courtesy of Adele.

Here, at the bottom of the page, you see her intentions for the illustrations of the next page. She asked me how to spell "Captain Hook," but she wrote it all by herself--with some practice.

Full "captain hook" page, with some random letter practice at the bottom. Here you have Tinkerbell, Captain Hook (easily distinguished by the feather in his large captain hat, as well as his hook), Mister Smee (easily distinguished by his striped shirt and great girth), and the crocodile (not so easily distinguished, but the crocodile is the squiggled line at the top of the page. I think she had lost some momentum at this point).
Detail of Captain Hook and Tinkerbell. Please note: the squiggly line going from Hook's hook through Tinkerbell means he is "getting" her. Personally I love Tink's wings and long legs, as well as the feather coming out of Hook's hat. I swear that was her own personal touch.
Another detail shot.
Good times. She has asked me how to spell "frog" and "cat" and "baptism" before, but this was really too awesome to keep to myself. I hope she wants to be captain hook for Halloween, so then I can be Tink. Alex will of course be Peter Pan.
Ben can be the crocodile.

8 comments:

Eliza said...

I love it, she's so talented! You'll be glad you documented and saved that one. We did the whole Peter Pan theme one year for Halloween. I was Wendy, Paul was the crocodile, and Peter was (obviously) Peter Pan.

Alicia said...

That's so cute! Thanks for sharing. =) I was thinking about you guys a lot yesterday. Scott gave a talk on service and talked about Ben as a good example. It made me miss you guys some more! Hope you're doing great in Indiana. =)

sara said...

I definately think you have a future Picasso on your hands. Thing "Guernica" (Is that how you spell it)
By the way, you look way hot in those pictures of Cincinnati! (That was for Allison, just in case Ben is reading this...)

heather said...

Those are fantastic! Tink is cute, but I think my favorite is the roly poly Mr. Smee.
And I think you'd be make a perfect tinker bell.

Melanie and Jake said...

I love those pictures! Too cute. She is quite the artist!

Melanie and Jake said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Wendy said...

You weren't exaggerating about how awesome this illustration really is! It's fabulous!

Zachary, Christen, and Chloe said...

Awesome! I love kids pictures. Adele sure has a creative flare!