to mortals given
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown
Are heard in Mother, Home, and Heaven.
~William Goldsmith Brown
All...(this is ben, I know all of our posts say BDC but you can tell which ones are written by Allison, because their perfect:) isn't Allison the greatest! After conference yesterday I was thinking about how lucky I am to have had such an incredible young woman fall in love with me, and then after the fall, to stay in love with me through all of my imperfections.
Allison's sweet voice, bright smile, and loving kindness really are the sweetest sounds that Adele, Alex, and I ever hear. She sacrifices so much everyday to make our home a safe haven. Not only that but she's always doing something for someone else. I think many of you know this. She thinks of you, the main readers of this blog, often and tries so hard so to call from time to time to visit. She bakes rolls and cookies, dinners and cakes, almost weekly and never does it in search of praise but because she loves others.
Day after day I come home tired and worn out after working an eighth as hard as she has and she still works on making dinner, bathing kids, and finishing yet another project, a quilt for the first child of my boss, a quilt for Alex, a birthday card for a friend, a loaf of bread for the neighbor.
Allison inspires me to be better! and I'm quite certain each of you regular readers inspire your husbands to be better as well. You each do so much in the quiet of your homes to teach and train these sweet little children, who aren't always perfectly sweet, and sometimes, or oft times are more than one handfull, but two or three handfulls. Know we love you all, and not only am I grateful for my sweet wife Allison, but for her many incredible, supportive, and kind friends.
-bdc


6 comments:
Allison really is pretty awesome.
Oh my that is so cute! I love you guys! Ad
Allison inspires me too. I've always admired how she not only has lofty goals and ambitions, but follows through on achieving them. What a great example of integrity. Thanks for sharing your sweet thoughts with us, Ben!
That was such a sweet post Ben. Both of you guys are awesome. We love you guys and your example. Wish we could see you more often!
Hey allison (and hey to ben too!) this is Angela Hatch from Badger way back when. . . I found your blog in a round about sort of way--I saw nicki's blog, and then Kelli's and then yours. It is so fun to read your blog and see how wonderful you're doing! Your kids are really cute and it sounds like you are one busy mom. I'm married (and now Angela Hays and not Hatch) and living in Canyonlands Nat. Park in Utah. My husband and I are both park rangers. I think you guys are great people and I've wanted to thank you Allison for YEARS now for the letter you sent me in the MTC. It was one of those that I brought with me to every area wanting to write you back. Please forgive for not, but I really appreciated it and had a wonderful mission. HOpe you guys are doing great!
Allison is amazing! Thanks for the call last week. You are free to visit whenever you would like. We are going to Utah next weekend for Jake's brother's wedding (Oct16-20) but other than that we are home!
Post a Comment