family:
Allison and I had spirit filled hearts as we listened to the World Wide Leadership Broadcast Saturday, with our two energy filled kiddos. The theme was on Family's. Nothing can make up for a family, and as we've found out, our biological family or our ward family. We have so many Aunts and Uncles and Grandma's and Grandpa's here, as well as away who quietly help us when we fill weak at the burden of parenting.
prophets of God in these latter-days:
For you friends who aren't members of the church you have probably noticed that last week the prophet/president of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints passed away. It's a bitter/sweet time for us, President Hinckley was a prophet of God who led and directed us for almost 13 years, we will miss him greatly, but rejoice in his graduation from life and return to his wife. I look forward to the new prophet's direction, President Thomas S. Monson and encourage you to read some of his words at the lds.org site. He has always taught with simple stories and poems, and has led a life of example through service. He is a prophet and does lead and guide us today.
1 comment:
Thank you for sharing your feelings about your ward families! I hadn't thought about it that way- and I DO have so many grandparent/parent/sister/brother figures in my own ward! I was feeling homesick- and now I feel so lucky! I am so grateful that we have the support of our church family!!
Post a Comment